Asian Spinach & Chicken Salad with Tangerines
Sweet and tangy, this salad can be eaten on its own or with the addition of grilled or roasted seafood, chicken, pork, or beef. Oranges and grapefruit can be substituted for the tangerines and arugula, watercress, or mache make a tasty addition to the spinach. If you’re packing it for lunch put the dressing in a small plastic container so the salad won’t wilt.
Number of Servings
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
- 1 ½ cups frisée lettuce
- 1 cup tangerine, sectioned
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 pound grilled chicken breast
- 2 oz Sesame Ginger vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine onion and rice vinegar.
- Add greens and tangerines and toss with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.
- Place grilled sliced chicken on salad.
- Adjust seasoning. Garnish with sesame seeds.