Baked Pasta with Tomato & Ricotta
This is a recipe that all the kids seem to love. This can be set up the night before or in the morning and baked just prior to mealtime. Leftovers are great and even taste good cold! We often add sautéed vegetables to this dish. In the spring try mushrooms and fresh greens. Later in the season zucchini and summer squash make tasty additions.
Number of Servings
- 1 lb any dry variety of pasta
- 2 ½ cups Basic Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook pasta very al dente.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend ricotta, 1 tablespoon of parmesan, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. The mixture should be loose and easy to scoop. If it is too firm add an additional egg.
- In a Pyrex dish layer the sauce, pasta, and ricotta twice. Top casserole with grated mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.