Guacamole with Baked Tortilla Chips
Avocados are creamy, delicious and very healthy – great as a snack, served with burritos, as a spread on any of the wrap sandwiches on this website, or just as something different as part of lunch.
Number of Servings
- 10 8-inch tortillas
- 2 avocados, very ripe
- ⅓ cup red onion, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno pepper, small dice
- ¼ cup tomatoes, small dice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoons ground black pepper
- For the tortilla chips, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into triangles, strips, or any shape your kids like, and bake until crisp.
- Pit and scoop the avocados. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash them in a small bowl.
- Mix in the onions, jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper.