Orange & Jicama Salad
Citrus is synonymous with winter in California. Over the years Chef Ann has come to love the plethora of citrus available in northern California, from Meyer’s lemons to heirloom limes and grapefruit – the flavors often astound. This recipe pairs the shining flavors of fresh citrus with the crunch and sweetness of jicama and the bite of jalapeno and cilantro. It makes a lovely side dish for sandwiches and burritos and satisfies the urge many of us have for something crunchy with a sandwich.
Number of Servings
- 6 oranges
- 1 medium jicama
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Peel the oranges and jicama with a paring knife and cut into small pieces.
- Pick the leaves off the cilantro sprigs and discard the stems. Roughly chop the leaves.
- Combine the oranges, jicama, jalapeno, and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and salt and mix well. Let marinate for one hour before serving.