Potato Chive Biscuits
Biscuits make a nice addition to a variety of meals. Try these as a topping for my Chicken Pot Pie or as a side with chicken or chili. Of course they’re great on their own as well and make for a tasty snack. Use one-inch cutters to make snack-sized biscuits for small children and babies (and yes, babies will eat them!).
Number of Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 cup cooked potatoes, mashed
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut the butter in small pieces, and, using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until there are no lumps.
- In another bowl combine the mashed potatoes, buttermilk and chives.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat the dough out until it is ½ inch thick.
- Cut the biscuits with a round cookie cutter or a glass dipped in flour and arrange on a cookie sheet. Gather up scraps and repeat until all the dough is used. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.