A lot of people rely on processed power bars for healthy snacks, but you can easily make them at home using whole ingredients. This bar was developed by Fullbloom Baking Company for the Berkeley Unified School District. Whether your child plays sports or just needs a burst of energy to finish school work, this bar is sure to please. Send one to school with a child who participates in after school sports activities and will need a burst of energy late in the day.
Number of Servings
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 ½ cup almond pieces
- ¼ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12- x 16-inch pan.
- Combine the oil, honey, and corn syrup and heat in the microwave on medium heat until warm approximately 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Toss together and then pour the warm honey mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Press down lightly and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then remove from the pan before cutting into rectangles. Store in an airtight container.