Tabouleh with Mint
This Lebanese salad is so tasty it needs no accompaniment. It is great eaten alone with nothing but a spoon, but if you want to be more traditional about it, serve the tabouleh with romaine lettuce leaves and warm pita bread.
Number of Servings
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup red onions, small dice
- 2 cups roma tomatoes small diced
- 5 ½ ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ½ ounces lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Place the bulgur in a large mixing bowl and add the hot water. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for about 30 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed. The bulgur should be dry, so if there is any excess water it should be drained off.
- Add parsley, mint, red onions, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix well. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.