Salsa is a great way to add flavor and spice to all sorts of meals. Think beyond Mexican and use salsas to add robust flavor to grilled and roasted chicken, pork, and beef. Even scrambled eggs benefit from a healthy dose of salsa!
Number of Servings
8 three-ounce portions
- 1 pound tomatoes, medium diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, small diced
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and marinate for 20-30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week.