The Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) was founded in 2009 by Ann Cooper, an internationally recognized author, chef, educator, public speaker, and advocate of healthy food for all children. Chef Ann’s vision was to create an organization that helps schools take action so that every child has daily access to fresh, healthy food. Today, CAF carries out that vision by actively supporting school districts nationwide with the tools, training, resources and funding needed to help schools create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments.
If you’re interested in doing a story about CAF or one of its programs, please contact Allison Ildefonso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAF in the News
Press Releases and Articles
1/22/20 - Is Pasta a Vegetable? New Proposed USDA School Lunch Rules Say Yes, Food and Wine
1/21/20 - 18 Organizations Protecting Biodiversity in Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico, Food Tank
12/12/19 - Best Alternative Charities for Your Donations, Consumer Reports
- 11/27/19 - How To Advocate For Your Child’s School Food Program (Podcast Episode), The Better Behavior Show
- 11/13/19 - How to Fight Back Against Injustice in Your School Cafeteria, Teen Vogue
- 11/7/19 - A local chef won a national challenge designed to help improve school food, Rome News-Tribune
- 11/3/19 - 14th Annual StarChefs International Chefs Congress, Cuisine Inspired
- 11/1/19 - 38 Fantastic Foodie Events Coming to Colorado in November, 5280 Magazine
Click here for a complete list of press releases and articles.
Access all of our press releases and a variety of CAF fact sheets by clicking on each item below
The Renegade Lunch Lady
About Chef Ann Cooper and the CAF Mission
Learn how celebrity chef turned lunch lady Ann Cooper is changing school lunch in this episode of Sub-Zero's Fresh Food Matters