Programs Internship Opportunity Available
We are looking for a Research and Content Development Intern to support our programs, with a focus on the development of our new School Food Institute.
We anticipate there will be 15-20 hours of work per week. Below is a list of responsibilities and qualifications:
- Work with our Programs Director to support the development of CAF’s School Food Institute.
- Conduct research and analysis of the current online learning market and online programs in food and culinary studies.
- Support with research on school food policy, issues, and resources for the School Food Institute curriculum.
- Support with instructional design and content development for video lectures and resources in the School Food Institute online learning platform.
- Assist with logistics for course lecture videography shoots for the School Food Institute coursework.
- Work with our Marketing & Communications Manager to promote the School Food Institute launch and other programs.
- Work with our Marketing & Education Manager to produce content for our blog, The Lunch Line.
- Work with the Programs Team to support the management of CAF’s programming.
- Research recent studies related to school food, farm to school, and childhood wellness for inclusion on The Lunch Box.
- Assist with the creation of content for CAF’s new Plant Forward Menu Initiative.
- Research and collect data on the impact of eating less meat on the environment for the Plant Forward Menu Initiative.
- Support evaluation collection and review for Project Produce and Salad Bar grantees.
- Explore potential funding opportunities that align with our mission and goals.
- Assist with grant and funder reports as needed.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A passion for health and strong interest in childhood wellness.
- Bachelor’s degree or undergraduates in their Junior or Senior year preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects related to various programs.
- Skilled in research and communication of research findings.
- High level of computer proficiency including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing, and webinars.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
This is a paid hourly position, $10/hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and your desire to fill this position, to Meghan Brenner, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “CAF Research and Content Development Intern” by July 10, 2017. Position is based in Boulder, CO and is available immediately. This is a summer internship with the possibility of extending through fall 2017.
Interested in reading more helpful articles from us? Sign up for our newsletter
- usda school food regulations
- usda school food guidelines
- usda guidelines
- universal breakfast
- u.s. news and world report
- the lunch box
- ted talks
- school nutrition association
- school gardens
- school food reform
- school food advocates
- salad bars
- salad bar
- renegade lunch lady
- rainbow days
- public speaking
- project produce
- parent advocacy
- nutrition education
- national school lunch program
- michelle obama
- lunchroom education
- let's move salad bars to schools
- job posting
- jamie oliver
- healthy hunger-free kids act
- flavored milk in schools
- farm to school
- ed bruske
- do one thing
- congressional legislation
- congress and school food
- chocolate milk
- childhood obesity
- childhood hunger
- childhood diabetes
- chef jamie oliver
- chef ann cooper
- boulder valley school district
- berkeley unified school district
- awareness campaign
- ann cooper