Seeking Accounting and Human Resources Manager
We are looking for a part-time Accounting and Human Resources Manager to join our team!
About Chef Ann Foundation:
Founded in 2009 by Chef Ann Cooper, a pioneer in school food reform, the Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) believes that every child should have access to fresh, healthy food every day so that they can develop healthy eating habits to last a lifetime. We think the greatest impact can be had through changing school food. By providing school communities with tools, training, resources and funding, we are able to help schools create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments. To date, we’ve reached over 9,000 schools and over 2,900,000 children in all 50 states. This position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll twice monthly, financial record keeping and transactions, including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger, and monthly financial statement preparation. This role also includes Human Resource benefit coordination and management. Advanced skills with QuickBooks, experience working in the nonprofit setting, and ability to work well with the administrative and program teams is required.
This is a part-time position for 30 hours/week. Below is a list of responsibilities and qualifications.
- Process payroll at the close of pay periods (15th and 30th of each month); prepare, record and distribute paychecks.
- Prepare insurance schedules, benefit coordination, PTO tracking, new hire processing, and employee terminations.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, including invoicing and check issuing.
- Monitor all donation services, track auto payments and service fees.
- Ensure that all revenue and expenditures are appropriately recorded and allocated by specific program and/or general operating category.
- Provide reconciliations for grant programs as required for financials and program managers.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit card accounts.
- Manage cash positions in multiple bank accounts including auto deposits and electronic bill pay.
- Maintain source documents for all fiscal and human resources activity.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and year-end financial audit.
- Assist in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
- Assist with special projects and perform research as assigned.
- Research enhanced benefit packages and salary rates to remain competitive.
- Ensure team member guide is up to date and accurate.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
Candidates for this position will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA/CPA desired.
- Five+ years of financial and HR management experience, benefits management experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
- Nonprofit accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, DropBox and Google Docs
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple projects related to various programs.
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s previous experience and credentials. The Chef Ann Foundation is a great place to work and provides its staff with a competitive package including health insurance reimbursement, professional development, and paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and your desire to fill this position, to Mara Fleishman, Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “CAF Accounting and Human Resources Manager”. The deadline to apply is December 6, 2017. Position is based in Boulder, CO and is available beginning December 11, 2017.
- usda school food regulations
- usda school food guidelines
- usda guidelines
- universal breakfast
- the lunch box
- ted talks
- school nutrition association
- school gardens
- school food reform
- school food advocates
- salad bars to schools
- salad bars
- salad bar
- renegade lunch lady
- rainbow days
- public speaking
- project produce
- parent advocacy
- nutrition education
- national school lunch program
- lunchroom education
- let's move salad bars to schools
- job posting
- job description
- jamie oliver
- healthy hunger-free kids act
- fruits and vegetables
- flavored milk in schools
- farm to school
- ed bruske
- do one thing
- congressional legislation
- congress and school food
- chocolate milk
- childhood obesity
- childhood hunger
- childhood diabetes
- chef ann cooper
- boulder valley school district
- berkeley unified school district
- awareness campaign
- ann cooper