The Chef Ann Team is Growing!
Be a part of our expanding team!
Position: Administrative and Programs Associate
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
About The Chef Ann Foundation
Founded in 2009 by Chef Ann Cooper, a pioneer in school food reform, the Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) believes that every child should have access to fresh, healthy food every day so that they can develop healthy eating habits to last a lifetime. We think the greatest impact can be had through changing school food. By providing school communities with tools, training, resources and funding, we are able to help schools create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments. To date, we’ve reached over 7,000 schools and over 2,600,000 children in all 50 states. Our major programs include:
- The Lunch Box: An online resource that provides free step-by-step guides, tools, and recipes to help schools improve their food programs.
- Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools (LMSB2S): A grant program that helps schools expand their commitment to serving fresh fruits and vegetables by implementing salad bars as part of their daily meal programs.
- Project Produce: A grant program that helps schools increase kids’ access to fresh fruits and vegetables and nutrition education.
- School Food Support Initiative (SFSI): Life Time Foundation, Chef Ann Foundation and Whole Kids Foundation are joining forces to provide technical assistance grants to five districts in 2016. School Food Support Initiative (SFSI) will be supporting the selected districts through a technical assistance program that includes a Director’s workshop, on-site assessment and strategic planning along with peer-to-peer collaboration.
- Parent Advocacy Initiative (PAI): A program that provides parents with tools and resources to lead grassroots advocacy efforts in their school districts.
The Administrative and Programs Associate reports to the Chief Programs Officer and Programs Director. This position will provide support to all aspects of the organization with a focus on programs. We are looking for a detailed oriented person with experience working in an administrative support roll. The Administrative and Programs Associate is a key support staff member for CAF and is a great position for a highly organized, self-starter with excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as initial customer service contact for all incoming emails and phone calls to the CAF offices.
- Schedule meetings for CEO and President of the Board.
- Coordinate logistics for all board and team meetings including scheduling, agendas, set-up, equipment needs, refreshments, promotional material, and presentations.
- Take and distribute minutes at team and board meetings as well as on external partner calls.
- Maintain office order and filing including organization of communication materials, promotional goods, office supplies, etc.
- File and record accounting documents and check payments.
- Handle the stocking and ordering of office supplies.
- Open and distribute the mail.
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment.
- Serve as the initial review for incoming grant applications.
- Record and process grantee and funder payments.
- Communicate with grantees, applicants, and sponsors about CAF’s programs.
- Compile and record grantee evaluation reports.
- Coordinate data collection for program reports, team reports, sponsor updates, grant applications, and general organization communications.
- Assist with the production schedule and development of CAF’s new online learning program.
- Work with other departments as needed to accomplish tasks and responsibilities.
Candidates for this position will possess:
- A passion for health and strong interest in childhood wellness
- An undergraduate degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a programs or administrative support roll
- Outstanding organizational skills
- High level of computer proficiency including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word and Excel, video conferencing, and webinars
- Very strong ability to think ahead and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with different personalities and backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Effective telephone and email customer service skills
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment and demonstrated passion health
- An ability to adapt to shifting priorities
Compensation will range from 29-33k/year depending on the candidate’s previous experience and credentials. The Chef Ann Foundation is a great place to work and provides its staff with a competitive package including health insurance reimbursement, professional development, and paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and your desire to fill this position, to Mara Fleishman, Executive Director at email@example.com with the subject title “CAF Administrative and Programs Associate”. Position is based in Boulder, CO and is available immediately.
Interested in reading more helpful articles from us? Sign up for our newsletter
- usda school food regulations
- usda school food guidelines
- usda guidelines
- universal breakfast
- the lunch box
- ted talks
- school nutrition association
- school gardens
- school food reform
- school food advocates
- school breakfast
- salad bars
- salad bar
- renegade lunch lady
- rainbow days
- public speaking
- project produce
- pizza as vegetable
- parent advocacy
- nutrition education
- national school lunch program
- lunchroom education
- local procurement
- let's move salad bars to schools
- job posting
- jamie oliver
- healthy hunger-free kids act
- flavored milk in schools
- farm to school
- ed bruske
- do one thing
- congressional legislation
- congress and school food
- chocolate milk
- childhood obesity
- childhood hunger
- childhood diabetes
- chef ann cooper
- boulder valley school district
- berkeley unified school district
- awareness campaign
- ann cooper