The Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) was founded in 2009 by Ann Cooper, an internationally recognized author, chef, educator, public speaker, and advocate of healthy food for all children. Chef Ann’s vision was to create an organization that helps schools take action so that every child has daily access to fresh, healthy food. Today, CAF carries out that vision by actively supporting school districts nationwide with the tools, training, resources and funding needed to help schools create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments.
If you’re interested in doing a story about CAF or one of its programs, please contact Allison Ildefonso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Statement: Chef Ann Foundation Response to USDA Proposed Rules
The deadline for public commenting on this proposed rule is Monday, March 23. Click here to view the proposal and submit a formal comment.
Please click on the image below for the full statement (with links).
CAF in the News
Press Releases and Articles
- 4/02/20 - Amid Difficult COVID-19 News from Around the World, There's Hope in the Food System, Food Tank
- 3/26/20 - How natural brands are mitigating hunger during COVID-19, New Hope Network
- 3/24/20 - School Lunches Are As Important As Ever, Says Fleishman (Podcast Episode), Food Tank
- 2/1/20 - Elementary Nutrition, Food Technology Magazine
- 1/22/20 - Is Pasta a Vegetable? New Proposed USDA School Lunch Rules Say Yes, Food and Wine
- 1/21/20 - 18 Organizations Protecting Biodiversity in Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico, Food Tank
Click here for a complete list of press releases and articles.
Access all of our press releases and a variety of CAF fact sheets by clicking on each item below
The Renegade Lunch Lady
About Chef Ann Cooper and the CAF Mission
Learn how celebrity chef turned lunch lady Ann Cooper is changing school lunch in this episode of Sub-Zero's Fresh Food Matters