Seeking Marketing & Communications Manager
We're looking for a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team!
May 04, 2017 | By
About Chef Ann Foundation:
Founded in 2009 by Chef Ann Cooper, a pioneer in school food reform, the Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) believes that every child should have access to fresh, healthy food every day so that they can develop healthy eating habits to last a lifetime. We think the greatest impact can be had through changing school food. By providing school communities with tools, training, resources and funding, we are able to help schools create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments. To date, we’ve reached over 8,000 schools and nearly 2,700,000 children in all 50 states.
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager to oversee all aspects of the Chef Ann Foundation’s public-facing communications and marketing. The Marketing & Communications Manager will conduct outreach initiatives, maintain and enhance the digital media presence of the foundation, support the awareness of our school food programs, and assist in fundraising initiatives. This is a full-time position available immediately. Below is a list of responsibilities and qualifications:
Digital Marketing (20%)
- Maintain and grow the Chef Ann Foundation and Salad Bars to Schools’ social media presence on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Compile and analyze monthly digital statistics reports to adapt and enhance the marketing strategy based on identified trends.
- Conduct website maintenance, creating new and updating existing key content areas.
- Manage and implement email newsletter program including scheduling, design, content collection, and engagement.
- Coordinate photo and film shoots.
- Create graphic design materials for digital and print mediums.
- Clearly and effectively communicate CAF’s mission, vision, and programs to supporters, media, funders, and individual donor base.
- Manage all aspects of CAF’s communications calendar: create original content and edit 3rd party and staff contributions for CAF’s blog, newsletters, email campaigns, websites, and Annual Report.
- Proof/edit CAF’s public facing documents as needed.
- Coordinate and represent CAF at conferences, trade shows, and events.
- Work with Development Director to plan and implement key fundraising campaigns like #RealSchoolFood, Year End Campaign, Real School Food Challenges, and Global Giving.
- Draft and edit grant applications and corporate sponsorship proposals.
- Manage donor recognition process.
Programs Support (20%)
- Work with Programs team to schedule, promote, and run CAF’s webinar trainings.
- Design report templates for funders of CAF’s programs.
- Work with programs team to draft and implement marketing launch and awareness campaigns for key programs.
Public Relations (10%)
- Conduct outreach to influencer networks for guest blogs and placements of CAF content.
- Manage all media inquiries, press lists, press releases, and outreach to celebrity publicists.
- Develop a strategy to engage and utilize CAF’s blogger list.
- Create relationships with key influencers, partner organizations, and donors, and maintain consistent communication with existing partners.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A passion for health and strong interest in childhood wellness.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing press releases and outreach to press preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple projects related to various programs.
- Proficiency in technology, including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, MailChimp, CMS (WordPress, Expression Engine), Google Analytics, and social media platforms.
- Experience using Sales Force a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills to ensure all aspects of CAF marketing fulfill strategic goals.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Compensation ranges between $37-43,000 per year and will be commensurate with the candidate’s previous experience and credentials. The Chef Ann Foundation is a great place to work and provides its staff with a competitive package including health insurance reimbursement, professional development, and paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and your desire to fill this position, to Mara Fleishman, Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “CAF Marketing & Education Manager”. The deadline to apply is May 29, 2017. Position is based in Boulder, CO.
Interested in reading more helpful articles from us? Sign-up for our newsletter in the footer below.