Most people associate pesto with basil, but it can be made with any number of green herbs, or even vegetables. This version, made with broccoli, is perfect on pasta, tastes great as a topping for grilled tofu, gets glowing reviews on grilled chicken or fish, and even works as a salad dressing. We like to use it on just about everything!
Number of Servings
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup olive oil salt as needed
- freshly ground black pepper as needed
- In the bowl of a food processor combine cooked broccoli, parsley, garlic, and parmesan and begin processing.
- While the processor is running add the olive oil in a thin stream and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning.