Yogurt Honey Health Muffins
The addition of yogurt not only makes these muffins moist and nutritionally sound, but they will keep in an airtight container for 3 days and still taste wonderful. If cake flour is not readily available all-purpose flour can be substituted. The muffins will be slightly more dense, but will taste just as good.
Number of Servings
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries, diced
- 1 Tablespoon dried apricots, diced
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon toasted bran
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F and prepare a mini muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Add oats, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, orange zest, and bran and mix to combine.
- In another bowl combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla, butter, and eggs and stir until the ingredients are well-blended. Pour the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to mix. Take care not to over mix.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ with batter. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.