Coconut Almond Granola
This is such an easy recipe to make and it’s gluten free! Enjoy it over yogurt with some fresh fruit, pour some milk over top or eat as is for a sweet and tasty treat. This hearty granola makes for a perfect breakfast or snack for kids!
- 4 C oats, gluten free
- 2 T flax seed
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 C sliced almonds
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, flax seed, salt, pumpkin seeds, coconut and almonds.
- In small saucepan, add honey, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Cook over low heat until warmed and coconut oil is melted.
- Combine liquid and dry ingredients in large bowl.
- On lined sheet pan, spread granola mixture out evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
- Let cool and enjoy it over yogurt with some fresh fruit, pour some milk over top or eat as is for a sweet and tasty treat!
We’ve seen first-hand the successes parents have had working with their districts to create school food change. In this section, you will find tools and resources just for parents. Join the community and turn passion into action!
Through videos, presentations, infographics and more, learn about Chef Ann and school food reform—including the issues, the solutions, and people making real change.