Greek Shrimp & Orzo
This simple Greek inspired recipe is light, fresh and full of flavorful herbs! The dill, feta cheese, lemon and olive oil bring traditional Mediterranean flavors to this dish. Serve it up with a nice green salad and you’ve got a complete meal.
- 2lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 lb orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 T olive oil
- Cook orzo pasta according to package directions.
- Heat large sauté pan over med-high heat and add 2 T olive oil.
- Add shrimp to pan.
- Sauté shrimp until pink and season with a pinch of salt.
- Once shrimp is pink, remove from heat.
- Create dressing by whisking together 2 T olive oil, lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt.
- Add orzo, herbs & feta cheese to the pan with shrimp and toss.
- Add dressing and toss until all ingredients are well combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
We’ve seen first-hand the successes parents have had working with their districts to create school food change. In this section, you will find tools and resources just for parents. Join the community and turn passion into action!
Through videos, presentations, infographics and more, learn about Chef Ann and school food reform—including the issues, the solutions, and people making real change.